At SMITH, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth—we’re currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our team.
The HR Generalist provides sound guidance and advice to management and employees on HR-related matters in accordance with applicable legislation and internal policies. In addition, the HR Generalist administers SMITH’s HR policies, procedures, and programs, always with the intent to foster a best-in-class workplace environment.
Who you are:
- A true team player with a results-driven approach, excellent communication and people skills, and an aptitude for problem-solving
- An influential harmonizer with the capacity to develop and maintain relationships with individuals at all position levels while establishing trust and credibility and exercising sound judgement
- An expert facilitator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- A consultant with a high degree of business acumen and the ability to accurately assess business issues to provide sound advice and solutions
What you’ll do:
- Be the “feet on the street” as the go-to HR resource for Canadian employees.
- Lead assigned human resources management-related projects and initiatives from low to medium complexity and broader impact or scope.
- Provide guidance and advice to management and employees on human resources management-related matters in accordance with applicable legislation as well as internal policies, processes, and procedures.
- Exercise sound judgment to ensure effective risk management and mitigation.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters; consult with external legal counsel where required.
- Collaborate with HR Director to address specialized human resources management-related matters, including but not limited to benefits, compensation, training, labor relations, employee engagement and satisfaction, recruitment, leadership, and career development—ensuring our core values are integrated into all HR initiatives.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans.
- Manage the employee lifecycle, conducting employee onboarding, maintaining employee files, and facilitating performance management and annual merit reviews.
- Collaborate with the HR Director and HR team to support the execution of strategies, programs, and initiatives to drive organizational change.
- Collaborate with the HR team and other relevant stakeholders in the development and/or customization of training materials; lead and facilitate training sessions for specific teams and the broader organization, as applicable.
What we look for:
- 5+ years in an HR Generalist role
- General understanding and knowledge of human resources management disciplines, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, labor relations, and training
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and provincial employment and labor laws
- Fluent in French and English, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field
What grabs our attention:
- Thorough and expert level knowledge of human resources management-related legislation such as the Employment Standards Act applicable to assigned province(s).
- HRIS system experience.
- Licenses and/or professional accreditations. Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Certification from Human Resources Professional Association would be considered an asset.
SMITH is a leading experiential commerce (xCom) agency that specializes in helping brands modernize the buying and selling experience for both B2B and B2C customers. SMITH is proud to serve some of the world’s most recognized brands, including AT&T, Microsoft, Cansel, Top Golf, CDK Global, Xerox, and Tejuri.