At SMITH, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we have fun, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth—we’re currently seeking a Development Lead to join our team in Gatineau. You’ll work alongside our roster of fantastic clients to create truly next-generation web and ecommerce experiences. At SMITH, we take technology and design seriously. It’s all about amazing experiences. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Lead development teams up to 6 resources.
- Follow the Agile methodology (2-week sprints, SCRUM boards, etc.).
- Be proactive in a small, fast-paced team to work toward solutions while adapting to existing processes, practices, and tools.
- Based on high-level business requirements, enhance the existing APIs and the front-end applications where applicable.
- Maintain responsibility for the development of features in web applications.
- Provide the technical and process expertise necessary to maintain/advance current products/projects teams and/or develop new products/projects.
- Actively contribute in collaborative development efforts, including leading design creation and code review, estimate creation, risk management, and day-to-day guidance to achieve agreed deliverables and milestones at agreed quality levels.
- Write your integration tests to ensure quality of your code.
- Use your knowledge of industry-proven technologies and methodologies—you will be responsible for your team and yourself for delivering high-quality and efficient code as well as for managing your time in order to meet the set deliverables.
What we look for
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Two or more years as development lead or a srum master
- Two or more years of development/coding experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in the Information Technology industry
- Experience within an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- Experience managing software development teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Business acumen
- Demonstrated initiative and maturity
- Highly organized and energetic team player
- Good knowledge of ecommerce concepts (B2B and B2C)
What grabs our attention
- Firm understanding of HTML5, CSS 3 (LESS and SASS), responsive development
- Hands-on development experience with front end technologies, including AngularJS, Ember.js, Backbone, Node.js, Cordova, Rails, Mustache, Bootstrap
- Solid working knowledge of OO principles (C# preferred)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using SpecFlow
- Understanding of distributed programming, multi-threading a strong plus
- Understanding of RESTful web architectures and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with high-volume, customer-centric web and mobile applications, commerce sites, multivariate testing, and financial applications
Please provide an up-to-date online portfolio showcasing your amazing talents along with your resume.
SMITH is a leading experiential commerce (xCom) agency that specializes in helping brands modernize the buying and selling experience for both B2B and B2C customers. SMITH is proud to serve some of the world’s most highly recognized brands, including AT&T, Microsoft, Cansel, Top Golf, CDK Global, Xerox, and Tejuri.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Portland, Spokane, and Ottawa.
Learn more at www.smith.co. Follow us on Twitter: @humansofsmith.