Acquis Consulting Group is seeking a few intelligent and skilled consultants to act as Engagement Managers. Candidates must have 6-10 years' experience as management consultants, including experience in a project manager capacity.
Preferred focus areas include business process design, systems implementation, business intelligence, procurement, supply chain, strategic sourcing, and other areas that drive operational effectiveness and efficiency. Comfort with and conceptual understanding of technology, such as databases and statistical analysis tools, is also preferred.
As a growth organization Acquis requires its Engagement Managers to be self-starters who will contribute to and lead internal company development initiatives. Engagement Managers will also at times be asked to contribute to business development and sales activities. Candidates must be proactive with proven positions of leadership.
Mental agility and the ability to learn are paramount. The ability to take on new challenges and succeed beyond one’s comfort zone is required.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as an incisive, effective creative thinker bringing business and consulting experience to client engagements and applies expert skills in communication, research, problem-solving, and analysis to client work.
- Leverages business context to analyze and improve complex business models.
- Explains and reviews analysis/findings with team members and client personnel.
- Assesses presenting problem with appropriate project scope and decomposes problem to identify root causes.
- Identifies implications of proposed solutions on people, processes, technology, strategy and structure.
- Leads Acquis and external resources on both small and large-scale client engagements.
- Manages in a hands-on capacity utilizing detailed knowledge of the engagement situation while also maintaining focus on the larger context and overall project view.
- Builds an effective business case for proposed solutions.
- Manages client expectations and project scope actively with an approach designed to engender project success and extend goodwill.
- Converts existing Acquis engagements, client relationships, and goodwill into additional potential opportunities.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, results-oriented, small business environment
- BS or BA (Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Sciences preferred).
- MBA is not required; only MBAs with prior consulting experience are considered
SKILL SET AND EXPERIENCE
Preferred consulting backgrounds include but are not limited to:
- Business process design
- Systems implementation
- Data analytics and business intelligence / reporting
- Supply chain
- Strategic sourcing
Preferred skill sets include but are not limited to:
- Operations process analysis
- IT systems design and requirements
- Applied financial and management accounting
- Vendor negotiation and contract management
- Statistical data analysis
- Well-rounded – wide range of interests and an exceptional work ethic
- Positive – upbeat outlook on consulting work and career
- Adaptive – varied skill set that can fit into a variety of project situations
- Quick-learning – high comfort-level with non-repetitive projects and new challenges
- Results-oriented – exceptional ability to excel in a small organization (e.g., independent, motivated, proactive)
- Customer-focused – mental agility to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Quick-thinking – strategic thinking that delivers results
- Flexible – resilient interpersonal talents and poise to manage change
- Collaborative – intuitive team player who can collaborate and communicate