POSITION SERVICE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO SERVICE CENTER MANAGER
ORGANIZATION SALT LAKE CITY SERVICE CENTER
SERVICE CENTER GOAL
To excel in customer service to Specialized Dealers and Specialized Departments throughout the globe. Work with a team of dedicated Service Technicians to set the Specialized Service Center as the benchmark for the bicycling industry.
- A dedication to unparalleled customer service. Always going the extra mile and exhausting every opportunity to exceed expectations.
- As a member of the Service Center you will be responsible for repairing and servicing of Specialized proprietary suspension, wheels, frames and bicycles
- You will work with the Dealer Service and Quality Assurance teams on frame and bicycle evaluations and repairs when needed. This will include tracking repairs and solutions for quality control purposes. You will record and maintain statistical information of issues, their frequency and resolutions.
- The majority of your day will be spent at a work bench working on disassembly, diagnosis and reassembly of returned product, as well as routine service of product.
- You work with dealers and consumers to gather information about issues that arise during the model year.
- Daily interaction with the Warranty and Customer Service departments.
- You will be part of a team that sets the global standard for all Service Centers to follow.
- Service center procedures are established, defined and communicated through written documents, emails, the Global Service Site, newsletters and presentations during international training sessions.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with many other groups within Specialized, to include: Quality, Warranty, Traffic, Distribution, Product Management, Marketing, Sales and SBCU. Professionalism is key.
- You will record and maintain statistical information of issues, their frequency and resolutions.
- 3-5 years experience with suspension forks and shocks, wheels, frames and complete bicycles
- Significant customer service experience, preferably in bicycle shops, or other service shop environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- You should have an in-depth understanding of bicycle suspension, wheel products and complete bicycles, with the ability to assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot and diagnose components.
- High level of mechanical ability.
- Organization and follow through are a must.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel. Oracle experience helpful.
- Professional, technical, and personable communication skills both written and verbal are critical.
- You must have ability to multi-task in a fast paced, team environment, and adapt quickly to changing priorities and objectives.