ExperTech is actively recruiting an Application Developer for a great client in the Gatineau area.
With minimal direction, the IT Application Developer II role is to design, develop (code), debug, test, and document new applications or significant enhancements to existing applications, in support of core organizational functions and business processes. The IT Application Developer II is a high level technical expert and works with other technical staff to understand requested modification to applications and develops technical specifications to resolve them. This individual may act as a technical lead on small to medium sized projects, and will assist in training less-experienced application development staff.
This individual will be responsible for supporting various systems that comprise the company’s multi-platform computing environment. This includes daily support of user activity, maintenance of existing systems, and development of new applications or modules. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to successfully perform this role.
• Develop technical specifications from functional specifications.
• Build and unit test objects such as programs, reports, forms, and interfaces.
• Ensure objects are moved to the production environment error free and within specification.
• Prepare and execute unit test plan to meet specification, and maintain associated documentation.
• Follow all applicable programming and testing standards and methodologies.
• Assume the role of technical project leader, as required, on small to medium sized initiatives, or sections of large initiatives, including technical upgrades.
• Participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
• Assist business managers and end users in the execution of system tests.
• Perform applications support responsibilities per a team rotation schedule.
• Ensure change management records are adequately documented.
• Strong interpersonal / customer service skills, with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels within an organization.
• Good decision making skills – analysis, decisiveness, innovation, and judgment.
• Ability to clearly express complex issues through effective verbal and written communication. Effective facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide second-level support in technical disciplines within the assigned area of responsibility. (Examples of technical disciplines include development frameworks such as .Net; EAI software such as BizTalk; EDI software such as Mercator; reporting software such as Crystal Reports, BOBJ suite; Data Warehouse software such as SAP BI, ERP software such as SAP, IFS; Data Base technologies such as Oracle)