Job Title: Billing Specialist - Distressed
Department: Workforce Lodging Billing
Reports To: Billing Services Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Billing Specialist - Distressed is responsible for processing all vendor distressed invoices & vouchers for submittal to our clients. The Billing Specialist will have highly developed customer service, data entry, analytical, and reconciliation skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Audit of vendor distressed vouchers & invoices for acceptable use per client contracts.
- Data entry of vendor submitted charges into tracking system.
- Development of internal tracking system for previously paid vendor vouchers.
- Completes and submits invoice to client for reimbursement of credit card charges and payment of AP Direct charges.
- Responsible for reconciling credit card charges from vendors and ensure reimbursement on client invoice.
- Knowledge of client contracting terms.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with vendors and clients.
- Communicates and resolves any discrepancies between the vendor and client.
- Develops and maintains a filing, scanning and storage system for all clients.
- Processes checks and payments to vendors once client monies are received.
- Researches vendor payment issues in accounting software, Great Planes.
- Coordination and tracking of commissions
- Provides reports to internal management.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Works on special projects when assigned by management.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Internet, 10-key and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Great Plains accounting software a plus
- Comfortable processing charges and payments in multiple currencies
- Exceptional analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Outstanding multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Strong listening skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Four years of college or university program certificate; or three years of related job experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.