Sentek Global is now hiring for a qualified Penetration Tester in the San Diego area.
- Conducting network, web application, wireless, and social engineering penetration tests using popular testing platforms including BackTrack/Kali, Metasploit Pro, Cobalt Strike, etc.
- Conducting vulnerability assessments, security audits, and risk assessments of complex systems
- Performing in a sales engineering role including explaining security concepts and the need for penetration testing as well as performing project scoping
- Supporting Sales personnel by developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Creating additional value for clients through continual insights and consultative advice based on experience with the client, their industry, established standards and leading practices
- Experience and strong ability to use Penetration Testing distributions such as BackTrack, Kali Linux, Pineapple OS, PwnPi OS, and related peripheral hardware (antenna’s, etc.). Or, ability to use custom tools and scripts authored and organized by the candidate.
- Knowledge of penetration testing methodologies such as PTES and Rapid7's DREAD Methodology
- Deep understanding of security principles, policies and industry best practices
- Knowledge of FISMA, NIST, DISA, ISO 17799, PCI, GLBA and HIPAA a plus
- Knowledge and experience with security defensive countermeasures, both software and hardware, including antivirus, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with using open source security tools
- Experience in systems administration of Windows, Linux and BSD Strong understanding of cross-site scripting and SQL injection vulnerabilities and attacks
- Understanding of wireless LAN protocols and various WLAN vulnerabilities and attacks
- Conceptual understanding of social engineering techniques such as phone pre-texting or e-mail phishing
- Proven ability to react constructively and positively in unexpected situations in front of a client
- Experience in popular programming languages and shell scripting a plus
- Bachelor's degree *or* 5+ yrs experience in IT, security, risk management or professional services
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Penetration Testing industry certifications welcomed
- CISSP preferred
Travel: 10 - 15%
Founded in 2001, Sentek Global is a San Diego-based Serviced Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business.
We are always seeking multiple, qualified candidates for employment opportunities in defense consulting. We are looking for someone to join our “Sentekian” team. A “Sentekian,” is a person who has a unique mindset that provides solutions one-step ahead of the rest. A "Sentekian" is always pushing for best possible performance while holding themselves to the highest standards. High expectations and focused intensity is what makes a Sentekian the consultant of choice.
Sentek Global is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
(OPS Level 2)