Patient Accounts Services provides the healthcare industry, with an emphasis on patient account resolution while also providing insurance follow-up services. Our dynamic team uses all necessary tools through advanced technology to promise quality cash recovery and maintain compliance standards to achieve the best results. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals committed to representing hospital clients with enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity.
The Customer Service Team Lead (CSTL) is one of the most important management positions in the company. The powerful standing of this supervisory position is a direct link to the effectiveness of our performance and the success in reaching our goals of providing excellence in customer service.
The CSTL will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The core responsibilities of a CSTL are to manage the Customer Service Team and ensure all CSR’s are trained. Ensure all inbound calls are answered within service level agreements, ensure all outbound call goals are achieved and reaching other assigned goals. Ensure all escalated requests are identified, tracked and resolved. Ensure all patient call backs are followed up and resolved as per PAS policy & procedure. Ensures any and all call backs are worked within a 24 – 48 hour period. Ensure that issues or concerns detrimental to assigned Team and/or assigned project to include all facets of Operations are reported. Assist Supervisor with Client communication and/or project coordination. ADP monitoring of assigned personnel, Team / queue scheduling. Assist with hiring and disciplinary actions when applicable. The CSTL will be involved in staff counseling and continued development. Ability to manage Team Members accordingly, ensure assigned queue opens & closes on time, coach assigned Team in accordance to PAS & Client policies and procedures, identify and or assist with calls requiring assistance. Ensure the highest level of Customer Service is performed by Team.
This position requires the ability to work independently, accomplish goals, excellent customer service and communication skills, creativity, patience and flexibility. Customer Service Team Lead reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
Required Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two to five years previous work experience as a customer/client service representative is desired.
- Must have full understanding of customer service requirements to include healthcare knowledge with emphasis in practices & procedures involved with patient and insurance billing. Well developed inter-personal skills.
- A minimum of 1-2 years previous work experience in a leadership role is preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively will clients and all levels of management.
- Must have advanced experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Reconciling experience required.
Required Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to access the performance level and effectiveness of assigned Team.
- Ability to identify individual or team’s personal and professional strengths and utilize those particular strengths to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Ability to identify an individual and team’s weaknesses, strategize, develop and implement a method and plan for improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Outstanding listening skills
- Ability to exhibit a professional and positive disposition at all times
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and stay abreast of relevant policies
- Ability to perform under pressure in a calm manner
- Open to new ideas and change
- Team Player
- Knowledge of EOBs, CPT & ICD-9 codes, HCFAs, UB92s, HCPCS, DRGs and authorizations/referrals
- Computer literate - able to use basic functions of a computer
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 wpm
- Basic math skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Reliable attendance record
- Knowledge of PAS Company Policies and Procedures
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the items listed below:
- Supervision of the Customer Service Team Leads, Queue Monitor and Mentors assigned
- Supervision of the Customer Service Team
- Ensure Team provides excellent customer service
- Ensure all CSR are trained
- Assist with Training Program Development as needed
- Assist with Team Member evaluations
- Ensure all inbound calls are answered with in service level agreements
- Ensure all outbound call goals are achieved and reaching other assigned goals.
- Identify and or assist with calls requiring assistance
- Ensure all escalated requests are identified, tracked and resolved
- Ensure all patient call backs are followed up and resolved as per PAS policy & procedure
- Ensure any and all call backs are worked within a 24 – 48 hour period
- Report any and all issues or concerns detrimental to assigned Team and or assigned project to include all facets of Operations
- Assist Supervisor with ADP monitoring of assigned personnel
- Team / queue scheduling
- Assist with hiring and disciplinary actions when applicable
- Staff counseling and continued development
- Ensure assigned queue opens & closes on time
- Coach assigned Team in accordance to PAS & Client policies and procedures
- Liaison between CST and other management, branches, and/or company departments
- Assist with the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures
- Communicate, explain and effectively implement / execute policies and procedures
- Liaison between patients, patients’ relatives, and the healthcare organization
- Assist Supervisor with Client communication
- Answer questions, handle complaints and properly address problems and concerns
- Answer in and out bound calls, account research, insurance and adjustment identification to ensure proper account resolution
- Review, Interpret Patient Statements, Balances and Client Contractual Terms/Agreements
- Obtain Supporting Documentation Regarding Patient/Client Follow-up Efforts
- Identify Contractual & Administrative Adjustments
- Complete requested number of Daily Call Assessments
- Develop reporting methods verifying Team Leads are performing assigned tasks
- Monitor individual and team performance daily by walking the floor continuously
- Monitor calls, coach and barge calls as necessary
- Mentor and train individuals and the team members daily
- Attend and hold meetings relevant to assigned projects
- Assist with Special Projects
- Other duties as Assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate