Cloud Computing Senior Architect
Location; Seattle Wa. or remote
About the position
We are looking for senior software architects for strategic Service Provider Operations business in the rapidly converging Cloud and Telecom market.
Service providers need to be transformed to new business models to meet the needs of Cloud, Internet of Things and Open Digital Economy. The new architecture will be Cloud, Big Data and SOA based technologies leveraging open source development eco-systems. It will enable Cloud and Telco service providers to deploy large scale networks, manage Cloud data center resources, monetize services and enable customer and partner interactions.
While in the past Huawei has primarily been known as a telecom company, our focus is now also encompassing Cloud technologies due to the rapid convergence of Cloud and Telecom technologies along with the associated emerging markets. It is for this reason that we are now seeking professionals who have strong system design experience in a large Internet Service provider with expertise in technologies such as AWS, EC2, Azure, etc.
In this role, you will establish and lead a world class operations center team responsible for designing new Service Provider Operation system using Cloud, big data processing, NFV and SDN technologies. You will own the concepts, design and architecture for next generation operating systems that will facilitate the convergence of Cloud and Telco technologies. You will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to hire and mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, large scale systems, designing new software systems that have a significant revenue growth and bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position using cutting edge distributed computing technologies.
You will be part of the larger software leadership community at Huawei. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, works closely with senior executives in Huawei Board, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented engineers, and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, products and the industry. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, have strong desire to make an industry wide impact, and have the ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Your professional traits necessary for Huawei leaders:
- Has relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
Requirements & Qualifications
- Master or higher degree in computer science or software architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing products and iterating through agile development model.
- At least 3 years of large scale Cloud and/or Internet service development experience focused on latest trends and challenges Have an in-depth understanding of internet networking trends and challenges. Have experienced the evolution of Internet technologies such as Cloud/ Virtualization and Data Center orchestration and/or the innovation breakthroughs in the telecom arena.
- Deep understanding of customer requirements/pains, competitiveness landscape of the industry, market moves in the Internet Operations DevOps field.
- Strong interest and knowledge about industrial trends
- Excellent communication skills , fluent in English spoken and written Worldwide short-term travels are required
- Hands-on and can-do attitude