PCB Layout Engineer (Contract Positions Available)
Job posted: May 2015
As a member of the Fidus Engineering team, you will complete technically challenging designs for our customers in several industries such as big data computing, high-speed data communications, storage systems and wireless networking. You'll work directly with our customers. And, you'll estimate turnkey projects and execute projects from initial concept, through development cycle and laboratory testing, to finished product.
EXPERIENCE AND TOOLS PROFICIENCY
You must have at least 5 to 8 years' experience laying out dense, high-speed, digital and analog boards for various industries and products. You must have a proven track record for delivering high-quality designs.
You have experience using the following tools:
• Allegro PCB Design XL 16.x (Cadence)
• Mentor Board Station, Expedition or Pads (Mentor)
• Allegro Constraint Manager (you have extensive experience using this tool with advanced electrical constraint sets)
• Autorouters such as Cadence Specctra or Pads Router
Experience with the following tools is also an asset but not necessary:
• Protel, Altium,Pcad
• OrCAD Layout
• Orcad CIS, Concept or DxDesigner (schematic capture tools)
• Autocad, Solidworks, Inventor (mechanical design tools)
• College technician diploma or equivalent
• IPC certification an asset
At Fidus, we hire designers with strong technical experience and excellent people-skills. (Believe it or not, it's possible to find candidates with both!) The contractor we hire will:
• Exhibit strong communication skills
• Interact well with customers and other employees
• Ramp-up quickly on new technologies and processes
• Learn on the fly
• Enjoy change and diversity
• Keep an ear open for new business opportunities for Fidus
• Work with us to develop his or her professional development plan
• Contribute to a dynamic and friendly working environment.
If you believe you could be a great fit for our work here at Fidus, please submit your resume and all correspondence.
Thanks for your interest in Fidus! If you are selected for an interview, we’ll contact you. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume on file for 6 months.